major in marketing
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
B.B.A. in Marketing Program Overview
Embarking on the journey toward a bachelor’s degree in marketing can be a thrilling experience. We aim to give students the tools to understand the full scope of running a successful business. We know it takes more than just good instincts to create value for consumers, so we combine mathematical and financial skills with a creatively-driven curriculum that allows our marketing majors to understand the “big picture” of business.
Bachelor of Business Administration
College of Business
Department chair name:
Learning at FHU
WHY STUDY MARKETING AT FHU?
Are you searching for an exciting, enriching career that will allow you to explore the “big picture” of business processes? Our bachelor’s degree in marketing program offers more than just classroom lectures – our students gain hands-on experience through digital marketing simulations, real client work and networking leadership opportunities. Many of our graduates have already established successful careers, and you can be next!
- Hands-on experience at the Brown-Kopel Business Center
- Enhance your career prospects
- Connect with industry professionals and leadership
- Guidance from expert professors
- Meaningful feedback from leading industry experts
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of business processes
Four-Year Plans for a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
The path toward success starts with careful planning. That’s why we’ve developed comprehensive four-year plans to help you achieve your goals. Our marketing program is designed to equip students with the tools they need to thrive in today’s competitive business world.
Careers for Marketing Majors
If you’re a marketing major looking to establish a fulfilling career that utilizes your unique skill set, look no further! With a degree in business marketing, you have a world of potential opportunities at your fingertips. Our graduates have found success in industries such as industrial sales and brand management, showcasing just how vast the marketing field truly is. So go ahead and take the leap – with your skills and experience, the sky’s the limit!
- Retail Management
- Marketing Managers
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing & SEO
- Market Research Analysts
- Project Management
Marketing Degree Requirements
I. Liberal Arts Core Requirements - 34 hours
Listed in this catalog under Academics: Liberal Arts Core
Limit II. C. Quantitative Reasoning to MAT 235 Introductory Statistics
II. Common Professional Component for all B.B.A. Majors - 39 hours
|ACC 231||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|ACC 233||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|BAN 225||Quantitative Business Analysis||3|
|BUS 254||Business Technology||3|
|BUS 351||Business Communication (W)||3|
|BUS 354||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS 455||Business Ethics (W||3|
|BUS 459||Business Capstone (W)||3|
|FIN 385||Managerial Finance||3|
|MGT 241||Principles of Management||3|
|MKT 261||Principles of Marketing||3|
III. Major Requirements - 24 hours
|BAN 325||Business Analytics||3|
|MKT 362||Consumer Behavior||3|
|MKT 364||Personal Selling||3|
|MKT 367||Digital Marketing||3|
|MKT 462||Marketing Strategy||3|
|MKT 467||Advanced Digital Marketing OR||3|
|MKT 366||Marketing Promotions||3|
|Internship or upper-division Business electives||6|
IV. Electives (including additional Bible) - 29 hours
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Marketing Degree Program
Below are answers to questions prospective students often have when considering a major in Marketing. If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact email@example.com and they will happily answer questions and provide additional details about our program.
What makes a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing at FHU better?
The Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing program at Freed-Hardeman University (FHU) stands out from other marketing programs for several reasons:
- Small Class Sizes: The marketing program at FHU offers small class sizes, meaning students receive personalized attention from professors and can build close relationships with their classmates.
- Experienced Faculty: The marketing faculty at FHU are experts in their fields, with years of experience in marketing, advertising and public relations. They bring real-world experience and practical insights to the classroom.
- Hands-On Experience: The marketing program at FHU offers opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience through internships, practicums and case studies. This allows students to apply what they learn in the classroom to real-world marketing challenges.
- Innovative Curriculum: The marketing curriculum at FHU is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of marketing principles, practices and techniques. It covers consumer behavior, market research, advertising, public relations and digital marketing.
- Career Preparation: The marketing program at FHU provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in marketing. Graduates are prepared for careers in advertising agencies, corporate marketing departments, public relations firms and more.
- Christian Environment: FHU is a Christian university, meaning the marketing program is grounded in Christian values. Students learn how to apply ethical principles to marketing decisions and how to use marketing to make a positive impact in the world.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing program at FHU offers high-quality education, an innovative curriculum, experienced faculty, hands-on experience, and a Christian environment, making it an excellent choice for students who want to pursue careers in marketing.
What are the requirements for a marketing degree at FHU?
To earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing from Freed-Hardeman University (FHU), students must complete the following requirements:
- General Education Courses: All students at FHU must complete general education courses, which provide a foundation in liberal arts and sciences. These courses include English composition, mathematics, social sciences, natural sciences, humanities and fine arts.
- Major Requirements: Students pursuing a marketing degree must complete a set of core marketing courses, including principles of marketing, consumer behavior, marketing research, advertising and public relations. They must also complete a marketing practicum, which provides hands-on experience in the marketing field.
- Elective Courses: Students can choose elective courses that complement their interests and career goals. This can include studies in business, communication, psychology, sociology or other related fields.
- Business Core: All students pursuing a business degree at FHU must complete core business courses, which provide a broad understanding of business principles and practices. These courses include accounting, economics, finance, management and information systems.
- Christian Service: FHU is a Christian university, and all students must complete a minimum number of Christian service hours as part of their degree program. This can involve volunteering for non-profit organizations, participating in mission trips or engaging in other forms of community service.
The marketing degree program at FHU provides students with a comprehensive education in marketing principles and practices and a broad understanding of business and liberal arts. Graduates are well-prepared for careers in advertising, public relations, market research, branding and more.
What is the job outlook for marketing degree graduates?
The job outlook for marketing degree graduates is generally positive, with various career opportunities available across multiple industries. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment in marketing, advertising, and promotions management is expected to grow 10 percent from 2021 to 2031, faster than the average for all occupations.
Specifically, marketing degree graduates can pursue careers such as marketing manager, advertising manager, public relations specialist, market research analyst, social media manager, brand manager and sales representative. These roles are available across a range of industries, including advertising and marketing agencies, corporate marketing departments, non-profit organizations, government agencies and more.
Marketing degree graduates with specialized skills in digital marketing, data analytics, and market research may have solid job prospects. As businesses increasingly rely on digital marketing channels and data-driven insights to inform their marketing strategies, there is growing demand for professionals with these skills.
A marketing degree can provide graduates with a solid foundation in marketing principles and practices, as well as the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a variety of marketing-related careers. With a positive job outlook and a range of career opportunities, marketing degree graduates can look forward to a bright future in marketing.
What are the skills needed for a successful marketing career?
A successful marketing career requires combining technical skills, soft skills, and personal characteristics. Here are some of the critical skills needed for a successful marketing career:
- Creativity: Marketing professionals must be creative thinkers who can develop innovative ideas and solutions to marketing challenges. They should be able to think outside the box and generate new ideas that engage customers and drive business results.
- Analytical Skills: Marketing professionals need to be able to analyze data and metrics to identify trends, track performance, and make informed decisions. They should be comfortable working with numbers and using data to drive marketing strategies.
- Communication Skills: Marketing professionals must be strong communicators who can effectively convey their ideas and messages to various audiences. They should be able to write compelling copy, create engaging visual content and deliver effective presentations.
- Strategic Thinking: Marketing professionals must be strategic thinkers who can develop and execute marketing plans aligning with business goals and objectives. They should be able to identify target audiences, develop messaging and positioning and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Adaptability: Marketing professionals must be adaptable and able to respond to changing market conditions, customer needs, and business priorities. They should be able to pivot quickly and adjust marketing strategies as needed.
- Collaboration: Marketing professionals must be collaborative team players who can work effectively with colleagues from different departments. They should be able to build strong relationships and work together to achieve common goals.
- Customer Focus: Marketing professionals need to be customer-focused, with a deep understanding of customer needs, preferences, and behaviors. They should be able to design marketing strategies that resonate with customers and create positive customer experiences.
A successful marketing career requires technical skills, soft skills, and personal characteristics that enable marketing professionals to drive business results and positively impact the industry. With the right combination of marketing skills, marketing degree graduates can build successful and rewarding marketing careers.
Still Deciding on a major?