Tuition & Fees
Investing in your Future
AVERAGE ADDITIONAL ANNUAL EARNINGS WITH A DEGREE
APPROXIMATE, AVERAGE ANNUAL COST AFTER AID
PERCENTAGE OF STUDENTS THAT RECEIVE AID
2023-2024 Costs & Fees
UNDERGRADUATE COSTS FOR FULL-TIME STUDENTS
|Room (standard room)||$2, 160||$4,320|
|Board (14 meals)||$2,110||$4,220|
Allied Health Comprehensive Charge
The allied health comprehensive charge is relevant to students who are admitted to the B.S.N or A.A.S. Physical Therapist Assistant programs. Its purpose is to cover various expenses like labs, simulations, testing, and clinical experiences, preventing any unexpected fees from the University throughout the program. The allied health comprehensive charge applies once a student is accepted to the program and begins the coursework required for the major, which is typically in the junior year.
2023-24 Allied Health Cost for Full-Time Undergraduate Students
Allied Health Comprehensive Charge
Fall and Spring Semesters (Online Associates of Arts)
Comprehensive charge of $350/hour
Two-Week (Short) Courses – August or January
Comprehensive charge of $630/hour
Average Cost Per Credit Hour
Most of FHU’s undergraduate programs require 126 credit hours. The comprehensive charge of most undergraduate degrees averages out to $793.65 per credit hour. Part-time students pay a per-hour amount of $795.
Students enrolled in the BSN program (126 hours) have an average per-hour cost of $902.38. Students enrolled in the PTA program (82 hours) have an average per-hour cost of $866.65.
UNDERGRADUATE COSTS FOR PART-TIME STUDENTS
GRADUATE STUDENT COSTS
|Room (standard room)||$2,160||$4,320|
*For Students with 90+ hours or senior nursing students doing clinicals
How many credit hours are included in the Comprehensive Charge?
What else is included in the Comprehensive Charge?
- Unlimited hours for one comprehensive price*
- 2 full-time licensed personal counselors
- HDTV in the residence halls
- Free movies in the Crews-Colbert Activity Center
- Free tutoring
- Free theatre productions
- Free on-campus intercollegiate athletic events
- Free movie rentals in the library
- 24-hour security guard protection
- Installation of security cameras on all residence hall entries/exits
- Printing of up to 500 black/white sheets per semester
- Campus intramural program
- 2 campus fitness centers
- New science building
- Continued dorm renovations
- Free on-campus parking/vehicle registration
- All lab and course fees included
- Security cameras to monitor the campus
*As allowed within academic policy. Some restrictions may apply.
What is NOT included in the Comprehensive Charge?
- Room charges increase above the standard room rate if you select a private room or privileged housing. Learn more about student facilities.
- Board (meals) isn’t included in the Comprehensive Charge. You’ll need to select the meal plan that’s right for you.
- Books generally cost $300-500 per semester. This cost is also not included.
- Travel costs to Belgium, NYC, VA Shakespeare, or other travel courses are also not included.
If I was awarded a scholarship based on a percentage of tuition at rates set before the 2023-24 academic year, how will the amount be calculated?
What are my options for making payments?
1. Cash Payment – All semester charges, less any financial aid, are due before you can begin classes. Payments can be made with a check, cash, or credit card by the following dates:
- Fall Semester (including August short course), August 5
- Spring Semester (including January short course), January 6
- Summer Semester, May 16
2. Nelnet – An interest-free monthly payment plan is available to students and parents. Payments are spread out over 8-10 months.