Nursing Resource Links
important links for nursing
The following links are to various websites that are useful tools for experienced nurses and student nurses alike. Descriptions are provided with each link to help guide you in your preparation for a nursing career.
- The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the only full-service professional organization representing the interest of the nation’s 3.1 million registered nurses through its constituent member nurses associations and its organizational affiliates.
- The American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses for Nurses provides the code of ethics each nurse/nursing student abides by.
- The Tennessee State Board of Nursing responsibilities center around three broad functions – licensure, education, and practice. The board prescribes the minimum curriculum for all nursing programs. This site provides news, information, and performance related to nursing in Tennessee.
- Tennessee State Board of Nursing mission is to mentor students preparing for initial licensure as registered nurses, and to convey the standards, ethics, and skills that students will need as responsible and accountable leaders and members of the profession.
- Ed4Nurses is a website of tips, timesavers, news, and empowerment for experienced nurses and student nurses. It provides many useful resources for student nurses.
- For a humorous look at the lighter side of nursing Nurstoon.com.
- The University of Washington Department of Medicine is a great website for heart and lung sounds along with exam techniques and more.
- To find Masters in Nursing Degree Programs in the U.S.
- Dosage Help provides a dosage calculations tutorial, complete with explanations and examples, to help nursing students prepare for a medication examination.
- NurseGroups is a job board that is completely free for both job seekers and employers. Dozens of healthcare employers post jobs on the site every day.
- Nursing.org helps prospective nurses find, enroll and finance their education, as well as providing a forum to support current nurses with their day-to-day activities and future aspirations.
- Accredited Schools Online has an in depth guidebook called Funding Your Nursing School Education Guidebook (Accredited School Online). This guidebook offers new scholarships and financial aid options. They also feature loan repayment and forgiveness options, how to apply for grants, and information on the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Funding Your Nursing School Education Guidebook (Accredited School Online) compliments their financial aid resource nicely is their Top Nursing Schools Guide.