FHU PROMISE: A STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICE
At Freed-Hardeman University, every student deserves the opportunity to pursue their dreams. That’s why we’re proud to offer the FHU Promise, a last-dollar scholarship that covers up to 90% of the comprehensive charge not met by other scholarships, discounts, or grants. We’re committed to helping our students succeed, and our student financial service and support team is ready to assist you every step of the way. Join the FHU community today and take advantage of the FHU Promise.
How FHU Promise Works
At FHU, we believe that financial aid should never stand in the way of a student’s education. That’s why we’re proud to offer the FHU Promise, a last-dollar scholarship that helps a family cover up to 90% of the cost of tuition for eligible first-time freshmen and transfer students. We aim to remove financial stress and enable these students to achieve their academic dreams.
The eligibility requirements for financial assistance are:
- Achieve a minimum of 21 ACT (1060 SAT)
- Achieve a minimum 3.0 cumulative high school GPA
- Receive a Federal PELL Grant award each semester you receive the FHU Promise award
- Live on campus
- It cannot be combined with an athletic scholarship or employee remission
Student to Faculty Ration
Pay or Owe No More than $6,250 per Semester for Tuition, Room, and Board
Financial assistance programs should not be a barrier to accessing high-quality education. Our student financial service program, FHU Promise, ensures that each student pays or owes at most $6,250 per semester for tuition, food and housing. Students can focus on their studies and personal growth without worrying about accumulating overwhelming debt from financial aid. And the FHU Promise is guaranteed up to eight (8) semesters as long as the student:
- Files their FAFSA each year and continues to qualify for a Pell Grant
- Remains a full-time student (takes at least 12 hours each semester) and lives on campus
- Maintains a 2.75 cumulative GPA during the first academic year and at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA each year thereafter
- Scholarships and Discounts will be subject to the availability of funds
How Much do I Pay?
As a Freshmen FHU Promise Scholar, you will only have to pay $480 in tuition and fees (comprehensive charge) per semester. You’ll also need to pay for food and housing charges at $2,160 per semester and the most popular meal plan priced at $2,110 per semester.
- Federal student Stafford loans (or parent PLUS loans) are available to cover these remaining costs as needed.
- Since Upperclassmen FHU Promise Scholars are eligible for additional federal student loans, the FHU Promise will be adjusted based on Stafford loan eligibility.
- Under no circumstances will a FHU Promise Scholar have to pay or owe more than $6,250 per semester for tuition, fees, food and housing.
- A student may not benefit from the FHU Promise in rare cases since it is a last-dollar scholarship.
- For a personalized estimate use our Net Price Calculator.
Live on Campus and Maximize Your Success
Living on campus is not just about finding a place to stay during your college years; it’s about becoming part of a community that will pave the way for a successful academic career and beyond. Studies reveal that dormitory living leads to better classroom performance and lower dropout rates. Campus living at FHU is critical to the ultimate college experience, where students can connect with like-minded peers, learn, and make lifelong connections.
Still Deciding on a major?