White FHU Logo
White FHU Logo
HomeAdmissions & AidUndergraduate AdmissionsDual EnrollmentBolivar Central High School

Bolivar Central High School

Bolivar Central High School dual enrollment program

Freed-Hardeman University is honored to partner with Bolivar Central High School through our Dual Enrollment program. Our shared mission empowers high school juniors and seniors, offering affordable access to college courses while fostering faith, scholarship, and service. Unlock a transformative educational experience, earning both high school and college credits as you explore FHU’s resources, campus, and online tools. Prepare for a bright future alongside a community dedicated to your growth and success. All Bolivar Central High School students may also enroll in any of our online courses.

bolivar high school logo

Courses Offered

  • English Composition I (ENG101)
  • English Composition II (ENG102)

Getting Started

Application Requirements

To be officially admitted to the program, students must successfully meet the following requirements:

  • Submit an application for dual enrollment 
  • Early Admit Sophomores, submit an application for early admit sophomores 
  • Have your official SAT/ACT score and high school transcript sent to FHU
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.000 or above and ACT composite score of 21 or higher, or SAT equivalent OR
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.500 or above
  • Your Dual Enrollment advisor will send you registration documents. DE students cannot register themselves for classes. This must be done through your advisor.
  • Your advisor will send you information on how to set up an FHU username and password as well as how to set up your FHU email and Canvas accounts.
  • A student may drop a course any time during the Drop/Add period. For dates of the Drop/Add period of your semester of enrollment, check the FHU calendar. If a student does not drop from the class during the Drop/Add period, the student will remain in the course and will be financially responsible for the course.
  • A student may withdraw passing from a course by meeting the Withdraw Passing deadline that is posted on the FHU calendar. Withdrawing from a course will affect your eligibility for the TN Dual Enrollment Grant. You will still be financially responsible for the course. To withdraw from a class, please contact your advisor or call Dual Enrollment Coordinator at 731-989-6225.
  • If your class requires a book, you may purchase your books from the FHU Bookstore or any outside company you choose.
  • only1.fhu.edu is FHU’s password reset system. You can reset your password at any time by going to Only1.
  • Your student email account will make it easy to connect with professors and other students in your classes. Be sure to check your email regularly.
  • My.fhu.edu is your Student Portal where you can view your schedule, see your tuition and balance, as well as your unofficial transcript. Passwords may be reset through http://only1.fhu.edu.
  • Canvas is a the online learning management system that FHU uses to connect faculty and students. Gain access to PowerPoints, assignments, and other class materials through Canvas, both on your laptop and your mobile device.

All dual enrollment students will attend an orientation event with the Dual Enrollment Coordinator from FHU. At Orientation, students will get details on their classes, books, and other “what to expect” items for the semester. Students will also be given guidance on how to get acquainted with their FHU email and online learning system. FHU will hold an Orientation event each semester for new dual enrollment students and their parents. Please contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator at 731-989-6225 or cgann@fhu.edu for the date, location, and time of your program’s Orientation Event.

Other items that will take place at Orientation Events:

  • ID Cards
  • Parking Tags
  • Tour of Classrooms/Facilities
  • Email and Learning System Guides
  • TN Grant Walk-Through
  • Q & A Session

Payment Details

  • Go to the TN Government Student Portal
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Sign In” or “Register”.
  • Once you have created an account and logged in, go to the top left, green tab labeled “Apply for Scholarships”.
  • Scroll down and select the “Dual Enrollment Grant” for the current semester and year.
  • Fill out that scholarship application until finished.

The FHU Financial Aid Office will certify the TN Dual Enrollment Grant once the grant application deadline has passed (September 15, February 1, and May 15). If students still owe tuition or bookstore charges in addition to the Grant’s funds, they can pay that balance in the following ways:

FHU accepts cash, check or credit card.

Checks may be mailed to:

FHU – Student Accounts
158 E Main
Henderson, TN 38340

Information about online payments can be found at FHU – Paying Your Account.

Payment Agreement

The payment/credit agreement is an acknowledgment of the costs associated with taking courses at FHU. It serves as a parent permission form and must be signed by both students and parents. This form must be completed even if you are using the TN Dual Enrollment Grant to help subsidize your tuition costs.

Payment Agreement Form (pdf)

Additional Resources


Will these classes transfer to other universities?

Yes! These classes will be able to transfer to other universities since FHU is an accredited institution. FHU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). *There are a few schools that will not accept dual enrollment classes from anywhere. It is the student’s responsibility to look up their intended school and verify that they accept dual enrollment courses.

Will the class be similar in difficulty to an AP or Honors high school class?

The courses you will take as a Dual Enrollment student are not a high school courses. DE courses are held to the same academic rigor as courses offered to a full-time undergraduate student on the FHU campus.

Is there IT support for me if I am having trouble with any of the programs that I will need to be successful while taking a course?

Yes, staff will be available for you to contact during the day between 8:00am and 5:00pm CST at 731-989-6111. You can also submit a HelpDesk ticket at helpdesk.fhu.edu.

How do I pay my tuition?

You can send a payment in with your statement, or you may pay online via our Paying Your Account page.

Will students be required to buy books?

Students may be required to buy textbooks depending on which classes they take. Textbooks can be purchased online from fhubookstore.com or any other textbook retailer. Textbooks may be online versions or hard copies, depending on the student’s preference and the nature of the book.

How do I get in contact with my professors?

When you receive your syllabus, your professor will let you know the preferred method(s) and time to make contact.

Who can proctor a test for me?

Most of our online courses require the use of a lockdown browser during tests. This information can be found in your syllabus. Courses that are held at our partner schools will be proctored by the instructor.

Is tutoring available?

Yes! Tutoring is covered in the price of your tuition. Tutors can meet in-person and online. Please contact your advisor for more information or to arrange a tutoring appointment.

What kind of computer do I need, and how do I need to equip it?

View or download our FHU Academic Computing Standards for Students pdf file.

Will I be required to come to campus?

You don’t have to come to campus, but we would love for you to visit us. You are welcome to attend on-campus events. If you would like a campus tour, contact your advisor.

Are there discounts that can be applied to the tuition for the courses?

If you are a resident of Tennessee, you may qualify for the TN Dual Enrollment Grant. DE courses are offered at a deeply discounted tuition rate. Other discounts, which might apply to you as a full-time student, are not applicable for the tuition of a Dual Enrollment course.

Will dual enrollment affect a student being a “freshman” and receiving freshman scholarships when they enter college?

FHU allows students to bring in an unlimited amount of dual enrollment hours and still gives first-time students its freshman scholarships. However, all universities have their own rules about this, and it is the student’s responsibility to look at their intended school to verify their dual enrollment policies.



At the end of each semester grades are accessible through my.fhu.edu.


Grades are published to a student’s transcript at the end of each semester. Official Transcripts may be requested by:

Contacting the Registrar’s Office at 731-989-6456.

Completing an Online Request.

Unofficial Transcripts are available through my.fhu.edu.

Confirmation Sheet

This form verifies the courses that a student plans on taking during a given semester. Tennessee residents must also verify their TN Dual Enrollment Grant status. Students will receive a confirmation email from the Dual Enrollment Coordinator once their choices have been approved.

Confirmation Sheet – TN Resident (pdf)

Confirmation Sheet – Non-TN Resident (pdf)

FERPA Privacy Release

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. An education record is covered by FERPA once a student enrolls and is in attendance at an institution of higher education. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. This form is important because students can choose who can speak to FHU on their behalf. If a student does not have a FERPA on file, our office cannot speak to a parent or guardian regarding student information once a student is enrolled in a course.

Ferpa Privacy Release (pdf)