NURSING APPLICATION PROCESS
Only completed applications will be reviewed for selection. All forms, documents and information become property of Freed-Hardeman University’s Department of Nursing and will not be returned, copied or released.
- All items are due by May 1, 2023.
- Selection letters will be mailed on or around June 1, 2023.
The number of students who can be admitted into the Department of Nursing may be limited. Therefore, a screening procedure will be used to select the best qualified from those who request consideration. Preference will be given to currently enrolled FHU students in good standing.
To be considered for admission to the Department of Nursing, students must:
- Be accepted for admission to Freed-Hardeman University
- Make application to the Department of Nursing
- Take preadmission entrance TEAS test (fee paid by student)
- Testing schedule available below under Application Documents and Forms
- Must register in advance with the Department of Nursing
- Provide a physical completed within the last 6-months and signed Essential Function Document (download Nursing Student Physical Examination and Essential Functions documents below).
Application Documents and Forms to Complete
- Program Expenses and Uniform Dress Code
- Immunization Requirements
- Cover Letter for Nursing Application (2.17.23)
- Application to Nursing Program
- Nursing Student Physical Examination Form
- Essential Functions Document
- TEAS Test Dates
Nursing Program Acceptance Criteria
To be accepted into the Nursing program, a student must have completed the following courses and the additional selection criteria specified in Selection of Students (below):
- ENG101 English Composition I (3hr)
- ENG102 English Composition II (3hr)
- BIO211 Anatomy & Physiology I (4hr)
- BIO212 Anatomy & Physiology II (4hr)
- BIO215 Microbiology (4hr)
- BIO318 Pathophysiology (3hr)
- HEA121 Principles of Nutrition (3hr)
- MAT101 College Algebra (3hr)
- MAT235 Introductory Statistics (3hr)
Selection of Students
Additional requirements have been established to assist in the selection of students for the nursing program. Students must meet the minimum requirements in order to be considered for admissions to the Nursing Program. These requirements are:
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- A science GPA (BIO211, BIO212, BIO215 and BIO318) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- No more than one science course may be repeated.
- Must have a grade of C or higher in each of the sciences (BIO211, BIO212, BIO215 and BIO318).
- A score of Proficient or higher on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and a science score of 52.1% or greater.
- Less than 12 hours of General Education classes remaining (excluding Bible).
- Nursing GPA Calculator
Checklist of Items that Must be Completed
Apply and be accepted into Freed-Hardeman University.
- Ensure all transcripts (high school and/or college) are sent to FHU.
- Fill out Application to Nursing Program and submit by May 1, 2023*.
- Sign up to take the TEAS preadmission test.
- Provide completed Nursing Student Physical Examination* and signed Essential Functions Document.*
* These items are to be mailed directly to the FHU Department of Nursing, at the following address:
Department of Nursing
158 East Main Street
Henderson, TN 38340