God is exalted in stillness. He is honored in the quiet moments. Let us be still and know that He is God.
Please make plans now to join us for Horizons 2024 from July 7-12, 2024. Registration for Horizons 2024 will open the middle of January, 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are classes like?
They are designed to equip and inspire leaders like you. There will also be opportunities to do community service and receive school credit for it.
What should I bring?
- a pillow
- twin-bed linens (extra-long)
- a reusable water bottle
- a bag or backpack to carry your Bible and notebook
- money for food trucks (Monday and Thursday nights) and pizza
- your Bible
*Roller blades, scooters and skateboards are not permitted.
What is the dress code?
- Shorts may be worn at any time during Horizons, BUT, all shorts must come to the mid-thigh or longer(the same as the current FHU student policy). This is measured from the shortest part of the shorts. Nike running shorts/split-style running shorts are not allowed, even if they are long enough.
- No visible midriffs. Clothing that exposes any part of the mid-section when standing, sitting or bending over is not allowed. All tops should be long enough to be tucked in.
- Skirts and dresses must come down to the top of the knee.
- Skin-tight or otherwise revealing clothing is not allowed. Low-cut shirts, spandex, tight jeans, halter tops, etc. are not acceptable.
- Leggings do not count as pants. If your outfit is against dress code without leggings, it is against dress code with them.
- Sleeveless shirts and dresses must have straps at least 3 inches wide. Sleeveless shirts must not have wide arm holes.
- Youth ministers and sponsors are responsible for their group (adults included) complying with the dress code. You should have a meeting with all participants and make sure they understand the dress code BEFORE they pack for Horizons. The dress code will be enforced. If you have students or adults who are out of dress code, we will come to you or a sponsor to address the issue. If there are offenses while at Horizons, it will be your responsibility to see that all in your group meet dress code. You may need to take your campers to Walmart, Goodwill, etc. to find suitable clothing.
Where will I be staying?
Each night you’ll call one of FHU’s dormitories your home.
There you’ll find a supportive group of counselors and friends who’ll help make your week at Horizons one you’ll never forget.
As you register you can request a certain roommate. You and your roommate will be assigned to the appropriate dormitory according to your age group. Please note that if the person you request as a roommate does not make the same request, the housing request will not be honored. Housing assignments are an enormous undertaking for 1000+ people. Because of this, please limit your housing requests to roommates only. Please do not make suite mate, floor or counselor requests.
Housing requests will be accommodated as much as possible. However, due to the large number of campers and limited number of beds, please respect room assignments.
We appreciate each and every parent and chaperone that make the trip to Henderson to bring campers, but due to the limited number of beds, housing is limited to campers and staff only. Thank you for your understanding.
How much will it cost?
The fee for Horizons 2023 is $225. You can pay all of this online when you register or you can send in a check. If sending a check you must at least send a $100 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. This is required to ensure you are registered. You may also send the full $225 with your application. ALL balances must be paid no later than June 1, 2024.
The first $100 deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. Cancellations made BEFORE June 1, 2024 are eligible for a refund of any balance over $100. NOTE: No refunds will be made after June 1, 2024.
The fee covers the cost of:
- 3 meals per day
- special events
- counselor supervision
- T-shirt and registration packet
You will also need your own spending money for drinks, snacks, and the FHU Bookstore.
Where can I find Horizons on social media?
Horizons can be find on Facebook! We know many of your will want to follow and look for campers and share through social the experience. Join in and be ready for a great week.
What items are needed that I can donate?
Here’s what’s needed:
- Cleaning Wipes
- Coloring Pencils
- Washable Markers
- Children’s Scissors
- Pencils-No.2 & Mechanical
What is the visitation policy?
In order to ensure the safety and security of all Horizons campers, NO visitors are permitted at Horizons except for Sunday evening worship (7:00 p.m.), Wednesday evening worship (7:00 p.m.), and the Horizons Singers and Players performances (Wednesday 8:00 p.m.). Outside of these times, if a visit is necessary, you MUST check in with our security team and get a visitor name badge. Thank you for your support in helping us meet the Horizons mission of providing a safe, fun and refreshing place for teens to grow closer to God and each other.